Nice paralaxing effect!
RE: 1.24 Finally Available!
@Hamed Are there any plans to expand the hyperPad shop? Would love to see new assets on there!
We'll be adding more stuff soonish. The goal is to open it up so users can put their own content there eventually :)
RE: How to stop sliding
@Gadgetkk If you don't want physics, you could make the object into a wall object.
If you want to keep the object physical, you could put air resistance to make it slow down after you stop controlling it.
Keep in mind a wall object still uses the physics engine. A Scenery object does not uses physics.
Also you can try changing the friction for your object and the ground.
1.24 Finally Available!
We just hit the release button for 1.24, it should be hitting your local App Stores shortly.
This update was supposed to be a smaller bug fix update but sort of grew into a major feature release. We've added some much needed enhancements and fixed a lot of bugs.
Additionally we're making a major change to hyperPad pricing. hyperPad is no longer a free app. We've decided to make it a single purchase, and you automatically get access to all the developer tier features. So for $14.99 you get all the awesome features including exporting to the App Store!
All enthusiast(indie) and student users get upgraded for free. Existing free users can still access the "Enthusiast" in-app purchase (will be upgraded to developer as well), as a special promotion we'll be keeping the price of the in-app purchase the same so you can take advantage of this cheap upgrade.
If you're a monthly developer subscriber, you can cancel your subscription and keep the developer status.
As usual, if you have any question or comments about this update, we'll leave the thread open for discussion.
- Age Gate to verify user is over 13 when using community features
- Blending options on BM Fonts
- Custom Alert Popups (removed Text input popup behaviour)
- Screen Shake behaviour now has X and Y values. Allowing you to independently shake the screen in either direction
- New Get Life Indicator behaviour
- New Append Array Behaviour
- Analytics now use gameanalytics.com
- Add a manual delta time for behaviours with the dropdown for speed vs duration
- Export Rotation in get screen behaviour
- Add rotate screen to behaviour
- Set object anchor point behavior
- Reward ads for trigger ad behaviour now supported
- New Set Object Anchor Point behaviour
- New Rotate Screen behaviour
- Get Screen behaviour now exports rotation
- Manual delta time for behaviours with the dropdown for speed vs duration. Allowing you to create tweens based on while events like "while touching"
- For pixel art graphics you can now disable Anti Aliasing in the asset library.
- Movable platform behaviour does not properly carry objects when moving vertically, making for a rough ride.
- Cannot set the animation speed from receive message behaviour
- Modifying a polygon collision that has negative scale y will be mirrored on y axis
- Position behaviours are not taking into account non-default pt/m ratios
- Crash when using Shuffle on an empty array via Sort Array
- Move to object, detach, ignore collisions, collision behaviours, pivot, propel, rod attach, rope attach, doesn't work with tags
- Anchor B is not defaulted to 50%, it is 0 even though the default value says 50%
- Apply Force now is based on the anchor point of the collision shape
- Scale behaviours do not work with object IDs when trying to scale by meters.
- Tilt behaviour does not work when added to global behaviours
- When restarting a scene without refresh, a moving object cant move again
- When disabling refresh option in restart scene behaviour, there are undesirable effects on non-ui objects where timers and animations no longer work
- Ignore objects bullet behaviour doesn't do anything
- Comment behaviour does not properly escape quotations. Causing them to not show up and cut off the comment.
- Else-if does not appear to fire when in “No condition selected” state (should function as a simple else).
- When duplicating objects with behaviours that has passed array parameters, the duplicated passed array parameter is not pointing to the duplicated array.
- Locked rotation turns off when moving an object with a locked rotation to another layer
- When you add an array to an IF hyperPad crashes
- Position of particles are wrong after disabling an object with particles
- Hit screen edge doubles with enabling and disabling the object
- When adding an array of objects to something that only expects one object, it should choose the first item
- Spawned objects and object referencing do not work correctly when used together
- Scale behaviour doesn't work when using meters and scaling to 0
- Fixed bug with for loop end condition not being updated after every loop iteration
- Fixed bug where if behaviour doesn't work when 0.1 is set as the second parameter
- Fixed bug where objects rotation is locked by default when changing physics type using make physics behaviour.
- Really old projects that use behaviours with sliders may cause hyperPad to crash
- Get Object By Name behaviour will crash if a name doesn't exist
- A physics object and wall object that is weld attached would cause unexpected results
- Duplicated objects with behaviours that use object IDs from spawn will use the object ID from the previous objects spawn behaviour instead of the new one
- Get Array value doesn't work with output behaviours
- Remove Tag behaviour removes all tags, not just the one specified.
- Adding an array to a number field it crashes
- Setting an Array or Dictionary with invalid format causes crash
- After a tag is added to an object via the add tag behaviour other behaviours still can’t access it by that tag.
- Trigger Ad behaviour doesn't export whether or not the ad was clicked or not
- Socket.io not working, client unable to connect to server. Server does not see any incoming connection attempts- -
- Ui objects are not converting to world coordinates on touch behaviours
- Get Bounding Box values are incorrect
-Tags added to an object with Add Tag behaviour would not be seen by other objects.
RE: Gamepad MFI support?
We actually used to have MFI controller support with the joystick controlled and ... But it was never used. Checking our analytics literally no one ever used the functionality. So we never kept up with it. Even apple never really advertised it after their original launch of the functionality.... At least until they announced iOS13. With iOS13 it looks like they are breathing some new life into it now that it can support Xbox and PS4 controllers.
Maaaaybe if Apple doesn't drop the ball on the launch and controller support becomes more popular we'll look at supporting it again.