Looks really cool. Cant wait to see this in the hub so we can play it :)
Posts made by Murtaza
RE: This app crashes way too often... :/
Often times the crashes are a result of how your behaviours are connected. Since hyperpad gives you a lot of power to create, it can even give you the power to cause a crash if you’re not careful.
If you share the project here as suffice can see what’s going on.
To do that press the ... icon on the project, then select email download link. That will open an email, copy the link and paste it here.
RE: Some Hub Changes - Probation period & Projects Under Review
Hopefully the hub becomes more active so that this will work out well.
Preparations for the future? :)
If you remember the old GamePress days it was very active (thousands of daily users). But it was sort of the wild west. We've tried pretty hard to avoid that situation with hyperPad, and we feel we're almost ready to start growing the community.
Will definitely be focusing on some community growth this year though. Have some larger contests and challenges planned as well.
Some Hub Changes - Probation period & Projects Under Review
Just like to let everyone know about a small hub change that is now live.
All new users (anyone after Jan1st) are automatically set to a probationary period where any project they submit will have to be approved by the community before showing up in the New section of the hub (and hot).
If the project does not get approved after 30 days, then it will automatically be removed from the hub.
Projects can be approved by any Enthusiast or Developer user. Each project must receive a certain number of approvals before it is accepted for the hub.
You can see the projects that are "Under Review" by scrolling down to the Newest Projects section and tapping "Under Review".
Additionally, if you are already approved and submitting projects that are useless, incomplete, or just not int he spirit of the hub then you may end up under probation again.
RE: The New Hub
@murtaza This got something to do with hub changes?
Not with the redesign. It is for an unreleased hub feature though. To combat mass classroom floods, or projects that don't belong in the hub. Basically a different new section where the projects go if they are submitted by users under probation, and projects expire if they're not voted in.
This is a bug though since I don't believe this is live yet.. @Hamed
The New Hub
Here's something we've been working on. It's a new look and feel to the hub! It'll be native now instead of being only a web view, so it will feel much faster and more snappy.
We're making it easier to navigate, and focusing on emphasizing the community more.
Take a look! And keep in mind the design is not finalized, and the content is all placeholders for now.
1.23 Officially available
Finally all major audio issues have been fixed! (let us know if we've missed anything)
This update is mainly focused on bug fixes, but there are a few new features we added in last minute. We've also added a new icon and logo.
(It just went live now, so may take a moment before it reaches all app stores across the world)
- New "Permanent" toggle switch to Destroy Object behaviour. This is so you can handle some of your own memory management.
- New "add Tags to Object" behaviour
- New "Remove Tags from Object" behaviour
- New change aspect ratio option for hub projects
- hyperPad menu button for hub projects now have a minimum transparency
- The hyperPad build number is now listed in the hyperPad menu
- New splash screen
- New icon
- Pausing and resuming the project now also correctly pauses and resumes music
- Volume scale of play sound is now more accurate
- Sound effects no longer stutter after a minute of runtime
- Play sound volume is now more accurate
- Play Sound now takes sounds by setting the input
- Play sound no longer maxes out at 20
- Fixed bug where sounds would stop after 15 minutes
- Fixed pause/resume music on pause/resume overlay
- Fixed issue where on iPad Pro 11" an iPhone version of the project would be displayed instead of the iPad
- Fixed the crash when setting a custom avatar
- Fixed bug when changing aspect ratios on 11" iPad Pro
- Fixed bug where an image had to be flipped before changing the collisions
- Fixed UI glitches with behaviour properties
- 2X button no longer gets covered by the hyperpad menu button
- Fixed issue where screen rotations would cause anchors to be incorrect
- Fixed UI glitch with asset library
- Fixed comment behaviour not displaying correctly
Don't forget the last update included a lot of awesome features too!
What was added in the previous update:
- iPad Pro Support: We added a new device target so that you can make use of that new fancy 199:139 aspect ratio!
- New Asset Importer: We've streamlined importing assets. You can now import Sprite sheets, BMfonts, and other unique assets all directly within hyperPad.
- Import from the Files app: With the new importer you now have access to Apples Files app. Giving you access to local storage, and multiple cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
- Object Referencing: This is what you've been waiting for. You can now get an object by its name or ID inside of behaviours. So you no longer have to visually select an object in the behaviour editor. You can just enter its name. Most behaviours now output the object name/ID and can be dragged in the Object A/B field on the behaviour properties.
- Get Object Behaviour: A new behaviour to use alongside the object referencing functionality. This behaviour will output the ID, position, scale, skew, rotation and tags of a specific object.
- iPhone X (and newer) aspect ratio support: You now have access to a new aspect ratio for the new apple devices with no home button.
- New behaviour interface for deleting connecting lines. This will reduce those frustrating accidental connection deletes in the behaviour editor.
- Optional user accounts! You no longer need an account to use hyperPad. However keep in mind you'll have a limited experience.
- New Get bounding box behaviour. Gets an objects X and Y bounding box coordinates. You can use this to see if 2 objects are colliding with each other even if they're not physics.
- New Is Intersecting behaviour: Input coordinates for two shapes and check if they are intersecting.
- New "View Backups" button in projects screen to quickly see all backups for a project.
- New Audio engine! We've switched to AudioKit for more reliable and higher quality sound output.
RE: Ads that will not close and crash the app, meaning i cant play games.
Can you be more specific? What ad and hat kind of ad?
We don't really have control over the advertisements shown, it's all handled by the Google Admob platform.
But maybe there is something we can change on our end to handle things differently.