1.23 Officially available
Finally all major audio issues have been fixed! (let us know if we've missed anything)
This update is mainly focused on bug fixes, but there are a few new features we added in last minute. We've also added a new icon and logo.
(It just went live now, so may take a moment before it reaches all app stores across the world)
- New "Permanent" toggle switch to Destroy Object behaviour. This is so you can handle some of your own memory management.
- New "add Tags to Object" behaviour
- New "Remove Tags from Object" behaviour
- New change aspect ratio option for hub projects
- hyperPad menu button for hub projects now have a minimum transparency
- The hyperPad build number is now listed in the hyperPad menu
- New splash screen
- New icon
- Pausing and resuming the project now also correctly pauses and resumes music
- Volume scale of play sound is now more accurate
- Sound effects no longer stutter after a minute of runtime
- Play sound volume is now more accurate
- Play Sound now takes sounds by setting the input
- Play sound no longer maxes out at 20
- Fixed bug where sounds would stop after 15 minutes
- Fixed pause/resume music on pause/resume overlay
- Fixed issue where on iPad Pro 11" an iPhone version of the project would be displayed instead of the iPad
- Fixed the crash when setting a custom avatar
- Fixed bug when changing aspect ratios on 11" iPad Pro
- Fixed bug where an image had to be flipped before changing the collisions
- Fixed UI glitches with behaviour properties
- 2X button no longer gets covered by the hyperpad menu button
- Fixed issue where screen rotations would cause anchors to be incorrect
- Fixed UI glitch with asset library
- Fixed comment behaviour not displaying correctly
Don't forget the last update included a lot of awesome features too!
What was added in the previous update:
- iPad Pro Support: We added a new device target so that you can make use of that new fancy 199:139 aspect ratio!
- New Asset Importer: We've streamlined importing assets. You can now import Sprite sheets, BMfonts, and other unique assets all directly within hyperPad.
- Import from the Files app: With the new importer you now have access to Apples Files app. Giving you access to local storage, and multiple cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
- Object Referencing: This is what you've been waiting for. You can now get an object by its name or ID inside of behaviours. So you no longer have to visually select an object in the behaviour editor. You can just enter its name. Most behaviours now output the object name/ID and can be dragged in the Object A/B field on the behaviour properties.
- Get Object Behaviour: A new behaviour to use alongside the object referencing functionality. This behaviour will output the ID, position, scale, skew, rotation and tags of a specific object.
- iPhone X (and newer) aspect ratio support: You now have access to a new aspect ratio for the new apple devices with no home button.
- New behaviour interface for deleting connecting lines. This will reduce those frustrating accidental connection deletes in the behaviour editor.
- Optional user accounts! You no longer need an account to use hyperPad. However keep in mind you'll have a limited experience.
- New Get bounding box behaviour. Gets an objects X and Y bounding box coordinates. You can use this to see if 2 objects are colliding with each other even if they're not physics.
- New Is Intersecting behaviour: Input coordinates for two shapes and check if they are intersecting.
- New "View Backups" button in projects screen to quickly see all backups for a project.
- New Audio engine! We've switched to AudioKit for more reliable and higher quality sound output.
Aidan_Fire last edited by Aidan_Fire
For those of you on the beta, I think to get the update you need to actually search hyperPad on the App Store and re-download it (replacing the beta but keeping your files). It never showed up in my updates tab and I just figured it takes longer on the Australian Store, but when I actually opened the hyperPad page on the Store it said the update was out 4 days ago.